Friday, February 3, 2012

Back in wow week 1

This was all supposed to go down a month or so ago, but better late than never as the saying goes.

If any of you have read any of my blogs in the past, you already know that I am a lover of games, particularly role playing games, but in general I like video games.

Furthermore, I like my games to be an escape from whatever reality throws at me and I am sure you guys do to. They have to have a social component, something that a game like World of Warcraft is known for.

I resubbed to wow recently in an effort to play and do some dungeons with a co-worker, even though our schedules have not really meshed of late. Nonetheless, I was in the battlegrounds with my main (a 21 level mage) but seeing as the toon was not geared at all, I was an easy fodder for the pvp gank hungry denizens of Warsong Gulch. Despite dying a few times, I still managed some xp out of the ordeal, and after a horde win in the b.g.s queued my way into the wailing caverns.

I have to say that I am getting a bit sick of running that dungeon, even though the PUGs I usually do it with are chaotic and fun, and the xp is usually worth it.

I also joined a new guild on the Spinebreaker server, though at the moment the name escapes me.

So I am back in wow and I have a few observations to share: There is a lot of waiting in this game, it's almost frustrating to queue for any dungeon, because you may run around 20-30 minutes depending on peak hours or server downtime trying to get into a group. Finding a good guild takes time, like it always did, but the process has been automated through tools.

That's all for now, more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment